It's not called the Bay of Plenty for nothing!
Tauranga’s got it all! Surrounded by glorious coastline, lush farmland and pumping surf beaches, Tauranga locals enjoy an enviable, laid-back, café lifestyle.
Check out the weather in Tauranga today.
Check out these Tauranga Web Cams
If you’re new to the Bay, here’s a quick overview…
Tauranga is currently the country's fifth largest city and one of the fastest growing. It's also one of the country's most popular tourist destinations with its warm, sub-tropical climate, spectacular beaches, forests, wineries, boutique shopping and a plethora of sporting and recreational opportunities. It’s no wonder Tauranga has been called the lifestyle capital of New Zealand!
Whether you make a run up the “Mount” (Mauao) your daily activity, hit the all terrain adventure parks or just want to relax at one of the many beaches or cafes, you’ll truly be spoilt for choice when you study and live in Tauranga.
- Hot pools in and around Tauranga
- Sports Clubs in Tauranga
- TECT all terrain park - mountain biking, equestrian trails, sled-dog racing, running & walking trails, orienteering, model aeroplanes, motorcyling, firearm sports, rallying, 4x4 driving and paintball
- Bay City Cinemas for movies
- Rialto Cinema for movies
- Best of Tauranga views and reviews about everything great in the Bay of Plenty
- Tauranga.co.nz information about the region by locals, for locals
- Bay of Plenty Times newspaper
- SunLive newspaper
- Tauranga City Council
- Western Bay of Plenty District Council
- Tauranga Chamber of Commerce
- Priority One regional business development
If you can, try to travel outside of the region so you can see all the amazing sights and experiences New Zealand has to offer. Here are some International Students from Business Studies on a roadie (road trip) to Cape Reinga in Northland.