Te Timatanga - Certificate in Tertiary Study Level 2
Interested in tertiary study but not sure which course to choose? Or maybe you don’t know if you’ve got what it takes? Try this free 17-week certificate and you’ll get a much clearer picture of where you are heading!
Designed for students and tairua of all ages, this programme opens the door to tertiary study by providing the skills and confidence needed to succeed at tertiary level study.
With plenty of tutor support, lots of class group work, interesting field trips and easy access to other support services, you will gain the confidence you need to move onto further tertiary courses.
A variety of teaching methods are used to cater for different learning styles. These include a balance of practical and theoretical classes, field trips, physical and team building activities.
You'll learn academic tools like writing, critical thinking, library and research skills, basic maths, and giving oral presentations.
You'll look at personal development, reflecting on your own beliefs and values and recognising the diversity of others, particularly through the lens of holistic Māori culture.
Information Technology for Tertiary Study
You'll learn essential computer technology skills like word processing, spreadsheets, computer-based presentations, and look at issues surrounding digital communication technologies.
You'll get to explore various future course options and get ready to work by creating a C.V., practising interview skills, and learning how to promote yourself positively.
Through the philosophy of Te Whare Tapa Wha you'll learn about health and wellbeing. If you're interested in sports and fitness there's the opportunity to participate in fitness conditioning sessions and to learn about fitness programming.
The programme is 17 weeks with classes scheduled Monday to Thursday between 9.00am and 3.00pm. You will also be required to undertake self-directed study beyond scheduled class time.
- Programme commences 23 February and finishes on 3 July 2015
- In addition to the 17 study weeks there will be two weeks holiday/study break; 6 to 17 April 2015
- Programme commences 20 July and finishes on 27 November 2015
- In addition to the 17 study weeks there will be two weeks holiday/study break; 28 September to 9 October 2015
|February||Full-time||Windermere Campus||1 semester|
|July||Full-time||Windermere Campus||1 semester|
- Domestics students - FREE
- Youth Guarantee places available - FREE
- International students - $10,500.00
The standard published fee is indicative only and applicable for New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. An international fee may be payable for non-New Zealand citizens/permanent residents.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will receive:
- Certificate in Tertiary Study Level 2
This programme provides an introduction to further education which can then lead to a career in the area of your choice.
To gain entry into this programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Open entry.
- The Polytechnic will consider students for special admission who do not satisfy the standard academic entry requirements of a programme but who in the opinion of the Programme Co-ordinator are capable of achieving the programme outcomes.
We may require you to attend an information meeting prior to offering you a place on the course. This is your opportunity to find out more about the course to see if it fits your career aspirations and for us to ensure you meet our entry requirements.