Class 2 Driver Licence
Are you looking for a qualification that allows you to drive vehicles up to 18 tonnes? Enrol in this part-time evening course and get the knowledge and skills you'll need to sit your NZTA Class 2 Driver Licence.
From the NZTA website:
Class 2 is the medium rigid vehicle licence. A holder of a Class 2 learner or full licence can drive:
- any rigid vehicle with a GLW of more than 4500kg but not more than 18,000kg
- a combination vehicle (that is not a tractor/trailer combination) with a GCW of 12,000kg or less
- a combination vehicle consisting of a rigid vehicle (that is not a tractor) with a GLW of not more than 18,000kg towing a light trailer (GLW of 3500kg or less)
- a rigid vehicle with a GLW of more than 18,000kg that has no more than two axles
- a tractor with a GLW of more than 4500kg but not more than 18,000kg if driven at speed exceeding 30km/h
- any vehicle covered in Class 1
Dates/Times/LocationsPlanned intakes*: October, NovemberDelivery modes: Part-timeLocations*: Mt. Maunganui (Logistics Training Centre)Duration: 2 days
* subject to change. Intakes may vary between locations.
The dates are a guide only. After you have enrolled and paid for this course we will post you study books to be completed in your own time, at your own pace.
On completion of this pre-course work you contact the tutor and a mutually agreeable time is arranged to attend a day in class for the assessment/s.
The day following the class activities is the driver training and practical assessment.
2017 domestic students $1002.00
2017 international students $1,205.00
Additional charges will apply if any extra drive time is required.
2018 fees to be confirmed
The fee shown for domestic students is applicable to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. If an international fee is not listed above please refer to the international fees page. All fees are indicative only and subject to change.
You MAY be eligible for a StudyLink Student Loan for your tuition fees.
Find out if your programme qualifies by visiting the Studylink website.
If you also need to pay course related costs, i.e. if outlined in programme costs above, you need to apply separately to StudyLink (up to $1,000/academic year for eligible students). Note course related costs are paid directly into your bank account by StudyLink and you will be required to pay this to Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will receive:
- NZTA Class 2 Driver Licence
- hold an NZTA Class 2 learner licence
- Or, Course 1 only: Holders of the Class 2 licence may enrol only in Course 1 to update their knowledge of new worktime and logbook requirements.