New Zealand Certificate in Aviation (Flight Attendants) (Level 4)
Would you like to become a flight attendant in the glamorous world of aviation? Travel the country, or indeed the world, with this exciting 17 week course.
Learn the principles of aviation safety and security in pre-flight preparation and in providing passenger care in an aircraft.
Teaching includes a combination of face-to-face lectures and tutorials, applied learning in simulated work contexts, industry visits and blended learning.
Our experienced, supportive tutors help you every step of the way and after just one semester you can be walking across the stage at Graduation and on your way to a career in the skies.
During the course you'll study:
- AERO4003: Introduction to Flight Attending
- AERO4004: Airline Safety and Emergency Procedure
- AERO4005: Principles of Aviation Customer Care
Dates/Times/LocationsPlanned intakes*: February, JulyDelivery modes: Full-timeLocations*: Tauranga (Windermere Campus)Duration: 1 semester
* subject to change. Intakes may vary between locations.
To see full details of the next available intake please visit the application form.
2018 domestic students $3,342.00
2018 international students $9,978.00
2018 course related costs may apply, Please enquire.
The fee shown for domestic students is applicable to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. If an international fee is not listed above please refer to the international fees page. All fees are indicative only and subject to change.
You MAY be eligible for a StudyLink Student Loan for your tuition fees.
Find out if your programme qualifies by visiting the Studylink website.
If you also need to pay course related costs, i.e. if outlined in programme costs above, you need to apply separately to StudyLink (up to $1,000/academic year for eligible students). Note course related costs are paid directly into your bank account by StudyLink and you will be required to pay this to Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- New Zealand Certificate in Aviation (Flight Attendants) with optional strand in Airline Specific Operational Flight Attending
Graduates of this course will have the skills and knowledge to work as flight attendants.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology PathwaysNew Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5)
- At least 40 credits at NCEA Level 2 and,
- 10 Literacy credits at Level 1
- 10 Numeracy credits at Level 1
Programme Conditions for Entry:
Along with meeting the academic and English language requirement students must also meet the following:
- Must be able to gain a passport without restrictions
- Be 18 years old or older upon completion of the qualification due to the requirements of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act (2012) or international equivalent
- Must be able to meet the relevant aviation regulatory authority, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), or New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) security vetting standards
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to show evidence of language competency, issued within the last two years, before being eligible to enrol in any non-English programme. The level of competency required is outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013. And below under the title English Competency.
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language L3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013.
For domestic applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.