New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production Fruit Production Strand (Level 4)
This exciting new part-time horticulture course has been especially developed for those working towards a supervisory position in the fruit production industry.
It is industry focused, meaning you come out with exactly the skills that industry are looking for like production knowledge, teamwork and communication.
The programme is delivered part-time over 15 months, and you'll cover a range of supervisory, and seasonal fruit production skills while gaining in-depth knowledge of growing and harvesting processes.
Courses are structured around seasonal tasks:
- Supervisory skills for horticulture (10 credits)
- Supervise a crop harvest (10 credits)
- Winter fruit crop pruning and training (10 credits)
- Pollination, thinning and crop load management (10 credits)
- Summer fruit crop pruning and training (10 credits)
- Fruit crop protection standards (10 credits)
- Pest and disease management (15 credits)
- Environmental Influences on Production (15 credits)
View the Pathways flowchart which shows you what qualifications can lead you through your career.
Class days grouped into block courses (1-3 days per month)
|7 Feb 2017||Part-time||Tauranga (Windermere Campus)||15 months|
2017 domestic students: discounted fee $900.00
The fee shown for domestic students is applicable to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. If an international fee is not listed above please refer to the international fees page. All fees are indicative only and subject to change.
You MAY be eligible for a StudyLink Student Loan for your tuition fees.
Find out if your programme qualifies by visiting the Studylink website.
If you also need to pay course related costs, i.e. if outlined in programme costs above, you need to apply separately to StudyLink (up to $1,000/academic year for eligible students). Note course related costs are paid directly into your bank account by StudyLink and you will be required to pay this to Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will receive:
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Level 4) Fruit Production strand
- Supervisory roles in the Fruit Production industry
Entry will be in accordance with the criteria specified in the Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology policies and processes specified in the QMS of the Administrative Hub where the student is enrolled.
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) Fruit Production Strand OR,
- Equivalent qualifications and / or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable knowledge and skills
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to show evidence of language competency, issued within the last two years, before being eligible to enrol in any non-English programme. The level of competency required is outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013. And below under the title English Competency.
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language L3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013.
For domestic applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.