New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 4)
Ready to advance your knowledge around health and safety in the workplace? Your qualifications will be highly valued by employers.
Workplaces need skilled employees who can develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards in accordance with legislative guidelines.
This one-semester course is ideal for supervisors and team leaders who have previous experience and a good grounding in safety practices within industry.
You learn how to implement a health and safety plan and hazard management system as well as plan and conduct a health and safety audit and document workplace incidents.
During the course, you'll cover four topics:
- PUBH4007: Risk Analysis, Mitigation and Organisational Impact
- PUBH4008: Health and Safety Leadership and Culture
- PUBH4009: Implementation and Supervision of Health and Safety Requirements
- PUBH4010: Managing Health and Safety in the Workplace
Dates/Times/LocationsPlanned intakes*: February, JulyDelivery modes: Full-timeLocations*: Rotorua (Mokoia Campus)Duration: 1 semester
* subject to change. Intakes may vary between locations.
To see full details of the next available intake please visit the application form.
2018 domestic students to be confirmed
The fee shown for domestic students is applicable to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. If an international fee is not listed above please refer to the international fees page. All fees are indicative only and subject to change.
You MAY be eligible for a StudyLink Student Loan for your tuition fees.
Find out if your programme qualifies by visiting the Studylink website.
If you also need to pay course related costs, i.e. if outlined in programme costs above, you need to apply separately to StudyLink (up to $1,000/academic year for eligible students). Note course related costs are paid directly into your bank account by StudyLink and you will be required to pay this to Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 4)
- health and safety representative
- team leader
- hold the National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety) (Level 3), OR
- hold the New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety (Level 3)or an equivalent qualification, OR,
- be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills in health and safety
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to show evidence of language competency, issued within the last two years, before being eligible to enrol in any non-English programme. The level of competency required is outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013. And below under the title English Competency.
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language L3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013.
For domestic applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.