New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5)
This course supports your progression into the exciting field of hospitality management.
Get to grips with industry standards and expectations through a wide range of practical learning activities and opportunities including project and team work, and the opportunity to visit and engage with local industry leaders.
You'll graduate work-ready and highly employable, and our teaching team will help you with career planning and establishing professional networks.
If you're already working in the industry you can enrol part-time in any of the course topics individually.
During the course you'll study:
- HOST.5101: Professionalism and Information Skills for Tourism and Hospitality
- HOST.5102:Introduction to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- HOST.5103:Supervisory Skills for Tourism and Hospitality
- HOST.5104:Hotel Operations
- HOST.5106:Showcasing Tourism, Travel, Hospitality and Gastronomy
- HOST.5107:Managing the Customer Experience
- HOST.5108:Planning and Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise
- HOST.5109:Food and Beverage Operations
Dates/Times/LocationsPlanned intakes*: February, July, NovemberDelivery modes: Full-time/part-timeLocations*: Rotorua (Mokoia Campus), Rotorua (Waipa Campus), Tauranga (Windermere Campus)Duration: One year
* subject to change. Intakes may vary between locations.
To see full details of the next available intake please visit the application form.
2018 domestic students $5,488.00
2018 international students $19.952.00
The fee shown for domestic students is applicable to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. If an international fee is not listed above please refer to the international fees page. All fees are indicative only and subject to change.
You MAY be eligible for a StudyLink Student Loan for your tuition fees.
Find out if your programme qualifies by visiting the Studylink website.
If you also need to pay course related costs, i.e. if outlined in programme costs above, you need to apply separately to StudyLink (up to $1,000/academic year for eligible students). Note course related costs are paid directly into your bank account by StudyLink and you will be required to pay this to Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5)
- Senior roles in the tourism and travel industry
- Team leader, supervisor or management roles across a range of hospitality sectors
Admission and entry requirements for this course are in accordance with Toi Ohomai's Academic Regulations including:
- NCEA Level 2 plus 42 credits at Level 3 or equivalent; or
- a Level 3 or 4 related qualification or equivalent; or
- evidence of ability to meet academic requirements, and
- English language competency where English is not a first language
You'll be invited to an information meeting prior to Toi Ohomai offering you a place. This is your opportunity to find out more about the course content and to make sure you're on the most appropriate course for your career aspirations and current level of experience.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to show evidence of language competency, issued within the last two years, before being eligible to enrol in any non-English programme. The level of competency required is outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013. And below under the title English Competency.
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language L4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined in Rule 18 and Appendix 2 of the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules 2013.
For domestic applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.